Ridgecrest Intern Program
Are you looking to be part of a team that desires to see lives impacted for Christ? Come learn, and grow in a ministry that strives to serve with excellence and grace. Gain hands-on experience and knowledge in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina. During a Ridgecrest internship, you will receive on-the-job training, and learn skills needed to serve in a fast-paced Christian hospitality environment. Team managers and supervisors will coordinate your work schedule, daily responsibilities, and special project assignments. Our program also includes weekly bible study and fellowship with other team members. You will be provided unique opportunities for your growth and development through enrichment and service.
Purpose Designed for college-aged young adults, an internship at Ridgecrest Conference Center offers an experience to grow professionally, spiritually and personally as you join our team in pursuing Ridgecrest's mission: Cultivating experiences, Nurturing relationships and Impacting lives for God's glory.
- Have an authentic, and growing relationship with Jesus
- Desire to serve others with excellence and grace.
- Affirm and abide by LifeWay Christian Resources' Statement of Faith and Policies
- Be flexible, teachable, and hard-working.
- Be eligible for work in the United States
- Serve full-time hours in assigned work areas as well as on other conference center teams to provide support during busy times and get an expanded view into the overall conference center operations.
- Strong, clear communication skills.
- Help with Summer Staff recruiting. This may include day or overnight trips to help promote our program to college age young adults.
- Mentally, physically, and emotionally able to work long, busy days and weekends with hard work.
- Applicants should have a willingness to grow personally and professionally.
- Attend required weekly chapel service and Bible study.
- Attend all required activities, enrichment, and service projects as scheduled.
- Meals (when dining room is open)
- $300/week stipend
Additional Information Internships typically run from August to May. Serving as an intern does not guarantee participation in our summer staff program, but successful interns will be encouraged to apply for summer staff positions (including some leadership positions).
APPLY FOR INTERNSHIP NOW
Job Descriptions for Departments currently offering internships:
The Event Coordination Intern will work toward gathering information from event planners to distribute to other conference center teams in preparation for each retreat/conference. They will also serve our guest event planners by assisting them in organizing all details of their retreat from the facility side. This includes (but is not limited to) the scheduling of meals, special catered events, meeting space setup, audiovisual equipment, room assignments and recreation.
Food Service will present an excellent opportunity for an intern to work and learn about the various functions of a large food service operation in a Christian setting. This position will help you develop customer service and organizational skills. You will work side by side as a team player in a diverse setting. Customer service skills and techniques will be taught and utilized regularly. There are 3 specific areas you can apply for:
- Front of House/Catering-this includes working the buffet lines in the dining room and catered events throughout campus.
- Food and Retail Outlets- quick service operations including our coffee shop, ice cream shop, and retail shop.
- Kitchen/Back of House-grow in your culinary experience through cooking and baking with various levels of guest volume.
As the Guest Spaces Intern, you will be exposed to a large-scale conference center. There are 3 areas within the Guest Spaces Department you will have an opportunity to work in. Housekeeping services over 600 guest rooms in 8 different buildings throughout the campus. Custodial oversees 75+ public restrooms and maintains all public spaces. Laundry processes over 500,000 items in a year. Our team strives to keep all guest areas on campus clean and maintained at all times. You will learn the industry's best practices, problem-solving under pressure and how to lead a team.
The Creative Design Intern is responsible for providing support to the Ridgecrest Conference Center Marketing Department through a variety of channels, including social media, video production, photography, product design, advertising and others as assigned..
An internship with the Facilities Team takes you behind-the-scenes to gain an understanding of what it takes to maintain a large-scale conference center. You will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from highly skilled team members in our Carpentry, Plumbing, HVAC, Grounds, Maintenance, Fleet, Safety, and Recreation departments. You will gain hands-on experience in caring for the buildings, grounds, and resources of our 1,300 acre campus. In addition to learning skills in these different areas, you will also have the opportunity to directly serve guests by leading groups through Laser Tag, facilitating our Adventure Recreation Course and staffing our Rec Shack as group needs arise. This internship requires a willingness to learn, a heart to serve and a healthy appetite for hard work.
For more information, please contact Chris Fenske at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-669-3589.
Do I get time off?
Absolutely. Everyone gets at least 1 day off a week based on the needs of your department. We are open 24/7, so schedules definitely fluctuate. The weekends tend to be the busiest, so you will usually work during those times (including Sundays).
How many hours will I have to work each week?
It is hard to nail down specific hours since each department is so unique. Plan on about 50 hours each week being designated to Ridgecrest. That includes chapel, core group, enrichment, service, and activities as well as work time.
How many interns are in the program?
Our goal is to hire around 16 interns.
Is there any fun time?
Of course. We plan lots of activities during the internship and since we are located in the Blue Ridge Mountains, there is a lot to see and do on or off campus.
What is the core group like?
This includes eating a meal and studying the Bible together, and is led by Ridgecrest Volunteer Assistant Coordinators.
What is chapel?
Once a month we gather as a group to have church together.
How large is Ridgecrest?
We are on 1,300 acres, have over 650 lodging rooms, and host nearly 65,000 guests every year.