Are you looking to be part of a team that desires to see lives impacted for Christ? Come learn, and grow in a ministry that strives to serve with excellence and grace. Gain hands-on experience and knowledge in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina.
Designed for college-aged young adults, an internship at Ridgecrest Conference Center offers an experience to grow professionally, spiritually and personally as you join our team in pursuing Ridgecrest's mission: Cultivating experiences, Nurturing relationships and Impacting lives for God's glory.
During a Ridgecrest internship, you will receive on-the-job training, and learn skills needed to serve in a fast-paced Christian hospitality environment. Team managers and supervisors will coordinate your work schedule, daily responsibilities, and special project assignments. Our program also includes weekly bible study and fellowship with other team members. You will be provided unique opportunities for your growth and development through enrichment and service.
- - Internships consist of serving a full schedule in work areas. At times, interns will serve with other conference center teams to provide support during busy times and get an expanded view into the overall conference center operations.
- - Ridgecrest interns must affirm and abide by LifeWay Christian Resources' Statement of Faith and policies.
- - Interns will be required to help with Summer Staff recruiting. This may include day or overnight trips to help promote our program to college-age young adults.
- - Applicants should be open to learning, and willing to serve guests with a positive attitude.
- - An intern will have great communication skills, and be self-motivated.
- - Interns should anticipate long days, and busy weekends and should be prepared to work hard both mentally, and physically.
- - Applicants should have a willingness to grow personally and professionally.
- Outstanding candidates for a Ridgecrest internship will:
- - Have an authentic and growing relationship with Jesus.
- - Possess a sincere desire to serve others with excellence and grace.
- - Be flexible, teachable, and hard-working.
- - Demonstrate maturity.
- - Be eligible for work in the U.S.
- Internships run from August to May. Serving as an intern does not guarantee participation in our summer staff program, but successful interns will be encouraged to apply for summer staff positions (including some leadership positions).
- - Housing
- - Meals (when dining room is open)
- - $300/week stipend
Departments currently offering internships:
Event Coordination - Position Filled!
The Event Coordination Intern will work toward gathering information from event planners to distribute to other conference center teams in preparation for each retreat/conference. They will also serve our guest event planners by assisting them in organizing all details of their retreat from the facility side. This includes (but is not limited to) the scheduling of meals, special catered events, meeting space setup, audiovisual equipment, room assignments and recreation.
Creative Designer - Apply Now
The Creative Design Intern is responsible for providing support to the Ridgecrest Conference Center Marketing Department through a variety of channels, including social media, video production, photography, product design, advertising and others as assigned..
Food Service - Apply Now
Food Service will present an excellent opportunity for an intern to work and learn about the various functions of a large food service operation in a Christian setting. This position will help you develop customer service and organizational skills. You will work side by side as a team player in a diverse setting. Customer service skills and techniques will be taught and utilized regularly. There are 3 specific areas you can apply for:
- - Front of House/Catering-this includes working the buffet lines in the dining room and catered events throughout campus. 3 positions available.
- - Food and Retail Outlets- quick service operations including our coffee shop, ice cream shop, and retail shop. All positions filled!
- - Kitchen/Back of House-grow in your culinary experience through cooking and baking with various levels of guest volume. 3 positions available.
Guest Spaces - Positions Filled!
As one of our two Guest Spaces interns, you will be exposed to a large-scale conference center. There are 3 areas within the Guest Spaces Department you will have an opportunity to work in. Housekeeping services over 600 guest rooms in 8 different buildings throughout the campus. Custodial oversees 75+ public restrooms and maintains all public spaces. Laundry processes over 500,000 items in a year. Our team strives to keep all guest areas on campus clean and maintained at all times. You will learn the industry's best practices, problem-solving under pressure and how to lead a team.
Facilities - Apply Now
An internship with the Facilities department takes you behind the scenes to see what it takes to maintain a large-scale conference center. Learn how we care for the buildings, and grounds on our 1,200 acre campus. You will have the opportunity to work alongside team members in carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, grounds, fleet and safety departments. This hands-on job will broaden your skill set and expose you to many different areas of Ridgecrest.
Facilities with Recreation Focus - Apply Now
This internship in the Facilities department is unique because, in addition to a support role in facilities, this intern will have a focus on our adventure recreation program. You will have the opportunity to learn the behind the scenes operations for a large-scale conference center in an effort to support the many different areas of the Facilities department. This intern will also work closely with our recreation leader supporting the various activity needs of our guests, from staffing the Rec Shack, leading groups through Laser Tag or facilitating our Adventure Recreation Course. This hands-on job will broaden your skill set and expose you to many different areas of Ridgecrest.
For more information, please contact Chris Fenske at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-669-3589.